Personal Service
Individual Attention

Home » Family Law Overview

Extensive Experience In The Full Range Of Family Law Cases

An experienced lawyer can give you the objective legal counsel you need to make choices about your situation. I am family attorney Paula Kleinman. At my firm — Paula D. Kleinman, A Professional Law Corporation — I work closely with clients throughout San Diego County to resolve family law matters. Contact me online or call 760-542-6072 to schedule your free initial consultation.

When we meet, I will spend time talking with you about your facts and assess realistic goals and how to achieve them through the legal system. No one understands your situation better than you, and by working together, we can create a plan that meets your needs. I am able to help clients resolve most family law matters, including:

  • Divorce: I work with my clients to resolve legal issues related to divorce, including child custody, child support, spousal support and division of property. My law firm frequently represents members of the military in divorce matters. I also represent partners who wish to dissolve a domestic partnership.
  • Paternity: I work with men and women to establish paternity. There are many different reasons you may want to establish paternity. For instance, you may need a custody order, child support order or other order. I will help you get the orders you need.
  • Restraining orders: Unfortunately, relationships can sometimes turn abusive. I work closely with clients to help them receive the protection they need during this difficult time. I also defend people falsely accused of abuse or violence. I represent clients in temporary ex parte hearings as well as any other issues that may arise throughout this process.
  • Mediation: In addition to helping my own clients in mediation, I serve as a mediator between parties in divorce actions, paternity actions, child custody & child support matters.
  • Adoption: Stepparent adoption can legally solidify a relationship that has already been established. I will help parents obtain an adoption so that the parent/step parent relationship is legally recognized. I work with families to help them understand how their parental responsibilities will change after the adoption.
  • Attorneys fees and costs: If your spouse has the ability to pay your attorneys fees and you have the need, my law firm will request reasonable attorneys fees so you can have legal representation in and out of court.
  • Modifications of orders: In the years following a divorce or paternity action, you may need to adjust the terms of your spousal support, child custody, child support matters or other orders. Whether you have primary custody of your child and want to move, or whether you oppose such a move, I can help.
  • Move-aways: When a custodial parent wants to move a great distance with the children, it can be very difficult. My law firm represents parents seeking a move, as well as parents who oppose a move.
  • Arrearages and enforcement: If you need to enforce the terms of your child support or spousal support agreement, I can help. I also represent people who are owed arrearages on child support or spousal support, as well as parents in proceedings involving the Department of Child Support Services (DCSS).
  • Annulment: My law firm also helps people who wish to legally annul a marriage.

Contact California Divorce Attorney Paula D. Kleinman

To schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced family law attorney, contact my law firm by email or call 760-542-6072.